| This page is considered an official policy on Hanasaku Iroha Wiki.
It has wide acceptance among editors and is considered a standard that everyone should follow. Except for minor edits, please make use of the discussion page to propose changes to this policy.
Administrators are users with so-called sysop rights. They are not in any way superior to other users, but are able to perform maintenance and security tasks. Administrators still have all of the responsibilities that any other regular user has, in addition to an administrator's more exclusive responsibilities.
Bureaucrats are one level "up" from administrators. Bureaucrats only have the ability to manipulate user rights, as well as block and unblock users, so this right is generally used in addition to the administrator group.
Administrators have the following privileges and responsibilities:
- Deletion and undeletion. Deleting and undeleting pages, page histories, and uploaded files.
- Protecting pages. Protecting (protecting) a page so it cannot be edited or renamed by users without admin rights or autoconfirmed status.
- Block and unblock. Blocking IP addresses or user names from editing for a specific amount of time, or indefinitely.
- MediaWiki namespace. Admins can edit the protected pages in the MediaWiki namespace. These pages are used to define the text of the user interface.
- Admin Dashboard. All admins have access to restricted features through the "Admin Dashboard". The "Theme Designer" allows admins to change the design of wiki, while "Wiki Features" allows admins to enable or disable specific, optional features.
Becoming an administrator
For you to become an administrator, you need to ask a bureaucrat directly on his or her message wall.
Requirements for becoming an administrator:
- You have edited content pages on the wiki for at least a week
- You have created at least one new page (the more the better)
- You are currently editing
- You make an effort to talk to other users
- You keep the wiki looking well-tended and up to date
If there are no active bureaucrats, discuss your nomination with the wiki community. Once a community decision has been reached (or if there is no active community to debate the decision), please leave a message at the wiki adoption requests page and Wikia Staff can provide you the administrator/bureaucrat rights.